Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chickens and Tattoos

I decided to get a new tattoo. One of Henry and my favorite books to read used to be The Hungry Hen. Since we have one Henry, aka Henarenaroo(ster), four hens in back yard, and one egg waiting to hatch, I decided to get this:
I went to see Derek Vickery, aka Lil D, at 13 Roses Tattoo Parlour. He took the book and spent a few hours working up the stencil above and then proceeded to put it on my arm.The outline took about thirty to forty-five minutes. The shading at the bottom was added by Lil D. It really holds the image together.
The color starts.
From that first little bit of red to this took another forty-five minutes:
The final touch is a little bit of yellow on the bit of grass in the rooster's mouth:All done. It took about one hour and thirty minutes.
For all your tattoo needs, please go see Lil D and tell him Chuck sent you.
PS, yes, it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment