Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snow Days 09

It all started rather innocently, with just a few flakes coming down after a rather wet Sunday morning. It didn't seem to detract from the brunch crowd, though I'm sure the grocery stores were getting a run on bread and milk, as these are the only things that one can eat while snowed in. But by the time I headed home around 3:30, this is what I had to contend with:I made it (almost) home safely, only getting my truck stuck a few blocks away on Barrow, with no limbs crashing through my window or on my head. Henry was patiently waiting to do some serious snow play, as Cac could only handle the cold for moments at a time. First, we had to check on the chickens and make sure they were okay. Five eggs traded for one container of food. Not a bad deal. Chickens still work while it's cold.
We didn't have a sled proper, so I had to improvise. We brought out the top to a big Rubbermaid container and the little plastic thingy that goes over the dog door if we want to lock Bella in/out of the basement. Neither worked, so we throught some snowballs and called it a night. Bedtime around ten and it was still snowing like crazy. One inch of snow, my ass, mister weatherman. We woke up the next morning to a wonderfully iced over winter wonderland.
Then we put on the gloves that Hillary made...
And started trudging up the hill to try again at the sledding on lids.
Perrin saved the day with an actual tobogganThe static image seems serene until you realize the full fury of the descent on video:

It was all good and fun until I had to head back in to work.
The truck stayed there for another day and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment